DOs and DON'Ts
- DO wrap vegetables, fruits, cheeses, breads, sandwiches and other baked goods.
- DO hand wash in (soapy) cold water after use.
- DO leave the wraps to air dry after washing.
- DO store your wraps in a cool place. Keep away from fire and direct sun. You can store the wraps any way you like depending on your space. However, we find rolling up the wraps is best. Once rolled, you can store in a jar (and show them off!) or put them in a drawer.
- DO use the wraps in the freezer for up to a month.
- DON'T wash in warm or hot water. Also don't use in the microwave or oven. This will melt the beeswax.
- DON'T wash in the dishwasher or washing machine as it will damage the wraps.
- DON'T wrap fish or raw meat as you can only cold wash the wraps. Also avoid directly wrapping pineapples. For all these foods, we recommend putting them in a bowl and covering with the wraps.
- DON'T leave the wrap in water to soak.
- DON'T wrap anything that is hot. Beeswax wraps are perfect for covering a casserole dish or other leftovers but make sure the containers you are covering have completely cooled down.